Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Tortured

I'm being tortured.


Okay, that is a big word. What I'm being is a smaller word, maybe tormented. No, smaller still.

I'm being vexed.

Why this vexation you ask?

Well, I'll tell you.

Last weekend our amazing friends Michael and Danielle came to visit and Michael took us to one of his favorite Austin sandwich shops, Avenue B Grocery. It's this precious little store that sells a small amount of grocery items and makes delicious sandwiches in the back.

BUT IT WAS CLOSED FOR THE WEEKEND.

Everyday since, I've thought about how cute it was, how delicious the sandwiches probably are, and how much I want to go there immediately. I'll admit I've even added to my own vexation by looking up reviews online and reading things like:

"The store's garlic habanero mayo - WOW, so GOOD!"
"I like this little place with it's perfect park benches outside to enjoy you sandwich"
"The oldest operating grocery store in Austin"
"Frito pie."
"Fresh quality ingredients"
"Charming little mom n pop store"

I've been aching to get a chance to go back but the schedule has yet to allow for that, hence the vexation. (Nothing vexes me quite like unfulfilled food cravings.) So until I get the chance at a delicious sandwich with habanero mayo and a Dublin Dr Pepper, I'll longingly look at pictures and dream of Frito pies.


Avenue-B-Grocery


Isn't it just wonderful?

Produce



MandD


Thanks for the wonderful weekend, and slight vexation that will, no doubt, turn into sandwich satisfaction sometime soon. You guys are great! And now you have a picture together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment