Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

life lately

For me, life lately has certainly been dominated by one thing: pregnancy. It dominates what I eat (or rather don't eat), what I read, what I wear and how much I sleep! It's also given us a lot of incentive to maximize pre-baby fun while still preparing for all the post-baby fun.

There's no better word for this time in life than transition. I know huge changes are coming soon and I'm doing my best to be prepared for them without being overwhelmed by them. I do better some days than others but I really am enjoying this season of life. Here is a quick post on what life has looked like lately.


My dad took my brother and husband on a guy's trip to Argentina, so I went to Arizona to spend time with my mom, my sister-in-law and my two adorable little nephews. We meandered around the local farmer's market, snacked on some delicious creme brule from a food trailer and enjoyed each other's company. Before I went to bed at night, my sweet nephew would come read me bedtime stories and give me goodnight kisses. Is there anything so precious? This is my newest little nephew and my baby's closest cousin.

One thing I've been excited about is all the nesting instincts you supposedly get when you're pregnant because truth be told, I've never had those. When I try to decorate, I get overwhelmed with the sheer array of options and get absolutely paralyzed to decision making. I feel the need to see every chair ever made before I can even think of choosing a chair, and since that can't happen, decorating doesn't happen. That's why I enlisted the help of my wonderful friend Liz to help get me inspired and moving toward a more decorated home. She gave me a new vision for a few different rooms in my house and gave me the confidence to actually buy things when we shopped together--which is priceless to a paralyzed shopper like myself. Here are a fre shots of my room, complete with handmade pillows from Liz, a dresser we refurbished and lots of happy mustard accents. I'm still waiting to find a mirror to hang over the dresser if anyone has suggestions!
We've also been making sure to fit lots of fun into our weekends our lately. We've been capitalizing on the gorgeous Spring weather by grilling out with friends in the backyard, frequenting the trailer restaurants downtown and hog wrestling in San Antonio. Yes, I said hog wrestling. We had some friends compete last year so this year we took a group trip to spend the weekend eating BBQ, swimming, playing dominoes and wrestling big nasty hogs. It's as absurd as it sounds and one of the most entertaining things I've ever watched. Basically, you and your partner are in a ring with the hog. You have to catch the hog, put the hog in a burlap sack, and run the sack over the finish line--best time wins. I have never felt so country in all my life. Here is my husband and his partner Chris bagging up their hog.
Our girls were the overall time winners! So proud!
So that is a taste of life lately. Today we're off to Houston to spend a fun-filled weekend with about twenty of our dearest friends. I feel so blessed. Have a wonderful weekend!










0 comments:

Post a Comment