Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Baby P! | Austin Maternity Photographer

I think when I was being created, somebody spilled their great friends portion into mine. Whether it was a mistake or not, I'm pretty sure that I have the best friends in the world...No really.

I wish it were possible for me to adequately articulate how blessed I am to know Julie Prothro...though I may not have given her a choice about being my friend all those years ago. With only mutual friends to attach us, I approached her at camp and nearly strong-armed her into joining The Forge that year. It's almost overwhelming now to think back on what only the Lord knew then.

Those of you who know the other half of Everest Road Photography know that she is one of the most intentional people you will ever meet. From the way she plans meals to the way she loves people, Julie does nothing without calculation. Being loved that way by someone will change your life. I am a better version of me because of her.

When Julie married Evan, the world looked on with awe...and not only because they're both so beautiful. These two were made perfectly for one another. Their marriage is an example to anyone who's even heard of them of God's covenant to us. The way Evan faithfully serves his wife looks like Jesus. Julie's humble support of her husband challenges me constantly.

When she told me she was pregnant, something in me leaped with joy! I've been looking forward to this moment for years. The child (whose gender I'm beside myself to find out in a week or two) in Julie's super cute belly has no idea what they're getting themselves into. One thing is for sure though, his or her life has and will continue to be an unbelievable adventure...

and I'm just really glad to have a good seat.

How about you? Do you have a guess at the babies gender? Want the Prothros to know how excited you are about their baby? Or maybe you just want them to know how beautiful their son or daughter will be. Let them know in the comments.






 

 





3 comments:

aellisor326 said...

Julie is gorgeous!! What a beautiful baby she and Evan will have!! I'm so happy for them. :) Jess, you take amazing pictures that capture such sweet and real moments.

rubey said...

gorgeous was my exact word too! i can not wait to meet the little one!! congrats julie and evan

joy! said...

Hot mama! (& daddy... and soon to be baby!) Love me some Prothros!

Post a Comment