Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

julie likes....

Here is a quick sampling of some of my favorite things for the past few weeks. 

Reading-I've been ingesting books lately. On top of wanting to read all the good baby books and then decide what I think is the most valuable in each of them, I feel this need to finish every half-read book I've started over the last year. Generally, I have about six books going at one time. I'll open up a different one depending on my mood, so some books take me months to finish, while others take a day or two. To top that off, I've been heading to half price books too and getting "summer reading" books so my list keeps growing.

My nail polish- Last week Evan and I went on a vacation to the Lost Pines Hyatt where we relaxed in a lazy river, read by the pool, ate great food and I got a pedicure from the spa. This trip could have single-handedly summed up all my favorite things. Instead I'll pinpoint down my nail color-the pretty light coral makes me happy every time I see it! I may be confusing just how much I love my nail color with how happy I am every time I get to see my toes make an appearance from under my stomach but I don't think I'd be nearly as happy if they weren't such a great color. Also, had no idea how difficult it would be do take a picture of my feet, so ignore its sub-par quality. 















The Mavericks- I'm not the biggest basketball fan, I prefer football about tenfold. In fact, I don't think I watched any regular season basketball games this year but playoffs are different. Not only have both the games been really intense so far, but its also just more fun when you feel like you have a home team to support. (Any Texas team [except the Texans]=home team) So we've been watching all the games and I've even been wearing the giant foam finger I got when we went to the Dallas/OKC games while I lay on the couch. Thursday's game almost gave me a heart attack but it was well worth it. 

So those are my favorite things! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend and the Mavs game tonight!









0 comments:

Post a Comment