Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Rachel & Charlie | austin maternity photography

My friendship with Jessica really started when we became roommates after college. One of the very first things I learned about her, aside from her utter disgust at anything rubbing against carpet, was that she's fiercely loyal. It was evident even in how she spoke of her friends, always saying "my Brookie" or "my Claire". She knew people deeply, carried their burdens willingly, protected them fiercely and loved them well. With her family, the loyalty was multiplied exponentially.

When I met her family, it was easy to see the loyalty was a family trait. They all loved each other deeply and well and it was especially true of Rachel and Jess. I guess it's the bond between sisters. In the time I've known Jess, few people can encourage, challenge and love her the way her sister does. It makes me adore Rachel so much. I think it is a loyalty trait I've learned from their family, you love people who love your people well. It's a nice way to live. You end up loving a lot more people.

Spending the afternoon with Rachel and her husband Charlie was so great. They don't take life too seriously and were cracking  jokes at each other the whole day. Between the jokes though, there was little moment after little moment showing just how seriously they loved each other. She would catch his eye and then unintentionally break into a small contended smile, he would gently take her hand and help her walk down rocky paths, sweetly sympathizing with the challenges of pregnancy. Their marriage is marked by that same fiercely loyal love and their sweet Maggie Beth is going to be so blessed because of it.

I can't begin to think of what wonderful parents you will both be, and I am so excited to meet your sweet little girl!









Rachel, you are gorgeous!





5 comments:

Katherine McDonald said...

Wow! What amazing pictures! LOVE getting to see Rachel pregnant. A beautiful Mom and Dad to be and amazing photographers!
Katherine McDonald

Hayley said...

Love the way you captured the joy of sweet Maggie Beth coming soon to Rachel and Charlie. Couldn't be happier for these two!

Stephanie Logan said...

Ahh!!! These are so great! I can't wait to meet the sweet baby girl. Rachel, you as always look beautiful!!

Suzie said...

So cute!!!!! We can't wait to meet her!!!!

Kelli said...

They turned out beautiful!!! LOVE the one with the Toms shoes :)

Post a Comment